John Tracey's Soapbox

Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Gothic Vegetarian Senator?

With my recent curiousity about blogging it is appropriate that I tell you about Senator Andrew Bartlett's blog. Andrew is getting a lot of attention lately for being the first and the best blogging politician in Australia.
Andrew's blog is my preffered choice for a political discussion, not because I like the politics of Andrew or the Democrats (I don't!) but because there is always a vibrant social debate to step into with a full range of political perspectives and opinion.
The senator sees himself as being "centrist" politically, though I suspect that is just political branding for electoral opportunism. Despite challenges he has failed to explain what this means, especially because of his stated rejection of the left/right dichotomy. In real terms Andrews "centrism" has meant he has attracted all sorts on the political spectrum (its hard to know where the middle is). Perhaps it is centrism but I suspect modesty and caution may be more accurate descriptions of Bartletts contributions to his own blog. However the "central" role he plays on the blog is to facilitate all the rest of us extremist fruit-loops who contribute to the discussions about issues that Andrew finds important.

Check out his blog here
The Bartlett Diaries

and this thread on political blogging. This forum was the catalyst for me to open the comments function and become a blogger.
Article on political blogging for Crikey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home